Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy

Adams, Douglas. The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy. New York: Harmony, 1980.

This past week I read The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy by Douglas Adams. This is a classic book that tells the tale of a man living in England who is taken away from the Earth by a good friend of his who is actually from another planet but has been stranded for fifteen years. The two are picked up by a stolen space ship and travel across the universe. I enjoyed reading this book because of its interesting characters and quirky worlds. Adams is fantastic at creating unique and creative settings and plotlines that are different from other books in a similar genre. Overall, I enjoyed the comedy and writing in general of this book and would recommend this to most people, even those who have already read it.

11
 
 
Also, I am currently reading Time and Again by Jack Finney

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this yet, but I've been thinking about it. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."