Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Road

McCarthy, Cormac. The Road. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 2006. 
This past week I read The Road by Cormac McCarthy. This is a post apocalyptic book about a boy and his father who are traveling along "the road". Their world is an altered version of America, set some time after a great catastrophe. The man and the boy go through a long list of challenges on their way to no place in particular, and risk their lives nearly every day. They are threatened by both humans and forces of nature while their time together on the road slowly draws to a close. I enjoyed reading this book because of how unfamiliar the world and characters are even though it is set in America and the characters act in a familiar way. I am still a little bit unsure about some parts of the book and how I feel about them just because it was so unique. Overall, I thought that this was a good book with an interesting plot, and I am not sure if I liked it or not.

6288
 
 
 
P.S.
I am currently reading The World is Yours to Change by Daisaku Ikeda

1 comment:

  1. From what I've heard it sounds like a good book. I like the way you reviewed the book.

    ReplyDelete

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."