Friday, February 6, 2015

SOL 5: Pei Wei

It's our third-time, post-volleyball, Friday-night visit to Pei Wei. The reddish ordering half of the restaurant is loud and feels like movement. While the other yellowish side is quiet and calm with people minding their own business, wrapped up in their own endless string of small talk and eating. It smells good but not really good, sort of like fake good but somehow still good. Instead of enjoying my own line of small talk with Ellie and my Mom, I'm here writing the Slice Of Life that I just couldn't fit into my day. Oh well, better late than never right? Right? Anyway there are a lot of people in the take out line with us. Well it's not so much of a line it's more of a-Woah. Woah. WOAH. There is like this huge fire that engulfs the restaurant, swallowing the tiny building with blue-orange flames. Okay, so maybe that didn't happen but there was a bit of a fire. And sure it was contained and purposeful, but I was still not prepared for the trauma that I was thrust into at this moment. Okay back to what we were talking about. Which was... Oh yeah! The take out "line" aka awkward grouping of strangers brought together by the weird silence of waiting for decent food. And suddenly YES! YESYESYESYESYESYESYES! Food! FOOD! Okay bye Pei Wei see you next Friday. Maybe I'll stay next time and we'll sit at our usual table. They should really start reserving it for us. Yeah that's right people! You can't sit here right now. This is our table. Okay, see you then.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brynn-great SOL! I like the description about the 2 halves of the restaurant-I go there too a lot and you totally described it perfectly. Glad you didn't get destroyed tragically in a fire. :)
    -Sarah (yes, I'm commenting on you guys' blog now. You should go and check out mine).

    ReplyDelete

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."