Saturday, February 14, 2015

SOL6: Kindergarten

I don’t remember very much from my first day. But I can somehow recall the small moments and little conversations. I was five years old, three months away from being six. I was nervous and I must say; the tiniest bit confused. Why were we driving so long to go to a school that was so far away? Why wasn’t I going to school by my house like all the other kids on my street? I guess it was just a prettier school. I don’t remember the car ride, or first seeing the building. But I do remember first seeing my teacher. She had short black hair, round glasses, and a friendly smile. She said hello and welcomed me and then I’m not quite sure. But I remember meeting my first friends at my new school. I was playing with these little colorful blocks in various shapes when they came up to me. They had been in this class last year and were already friends. They just sat down next to me and started to talk. The one girl had curly brown hair; like mine but even curlier. She was friendly enough and kept our five year old conversation going with a few short sentences. The other girl was smaller and had long black hair. She talked much more than the first girl and stopped only occasionally so she could hear what we had to say. Sometimes she was talking so fast that I couldn’t understand what she was saying. She confused me but I didn’t really mind. I started to talk to them and they talked back so I decided that these were my friends. And that’s really all that I remember from my first day of kindergarten.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should send this to Lisa. She will adore your memory, Brynn. It seems like a long time ago, doesn't it? I love seeing the picture, but I remember you as a little girl, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really well written. AND I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF YOU SO MUCH

    ReplyDelete

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."