Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Winnie-the-Pooh

Milne, A. A. Winnie-the-Pooh. Burbank, CA: Mouse Works, 1994.
For this week’s blog I read the classic story Winnie-the-Pooh. I will start by saying that I am a fan of Winnie-the-Pooh everything. I love the story and I love the characters. At the moment I am reading like three different books and was trying to figure out what book to blog about so I decided to spend a little bit of time reading about a bear and a boy and all of the other creatures of the Hundred Acre Wood. I must say that this book is often thought of as a book for younger children, but honestly I love this book is a well written book for all people. It is a beautiful and youthful collection of short stories all written using the same set of characters. It is an endless collection of adventures. While reading this book I watched Eeyore find a tail, Piglet try to catch a Heffalump, Rabbit be far from helpful, Kanga be confused, Pooh receive a gift, and the most heartbreaking of all: I saw Christopher Robin grow up all throughout the stories. This book is timeless and the original illustrations make it even lovelier. It is a beautiful story that everyone should read. It doesn’t matter how old you are. And it doesn’t matter if you’ve already read it. Read it again. Just read it again.

                                           99107

2 comments:

  1. That was really good. I'll definitely try reading it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading books again, especially favorites, is a good time. I'm happy to hear all about these special characters, Brynn. FYI-you need a TBR list!

    ReplyDelete

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."