Wednesday, February 4, 2015

All the Bright Places

Niven, Jennifer. All the Bright Places. New York: Random House Childrens, 2015.

This past week, I read the book All the Bright Places. I would like to start by saying that Linda said that this book would be sort of like The Fault in Our Stars. I don’t agree. I read that book. It was good. This was better, so much better. So, now that I’ve gotten that out of the way I may as well move on to the summary. The book begins when Theodore Finch meets Violet Markey on the ledge of the school bell tower. It’s not that either one of them is going to jump. Finch went up to further his thoughts on death. And Violet was considering it but as soon as her feet were on the ledge she wasn’t so sure. So Finch helps her to get off. And the rumor spreads that Violet saved the life of Theodore Finch, the freak. But he doesn’t care. And the two only get more involved when they become partners in a school project where they find the “wonders of their state”. They become a bigger part in each other’s lives than they ever thought was possible. And they begin to realize that everyone has issues. Okay, so that was not the best summary but please believe me when I say that it is a spectacular book. And when this book totally blows up and everyone ever has read it I hope that you all remember that I finished this book on January 28th and reviewed it on February 4th before it got popular. This book was beautiful and heartbreaking and I absolutely loved it all the way.

18460392

2 comments:

  1. Since I haven't read it, I was only quoting what I'd read other people say, & some are saying, like you, that it's better than TFIOS. So glad you liked it, hope I get to read it soon (after everyone else grabs it after your review!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing book! I really want to read it now!

    ReplyDelete

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."