Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Spinning Through the Universe

Frost, Helen. Spinning Through the Universe: A Novel in Verse From Room 214. S.l.: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2004.
                This week I read Spinning Through the Universe by Helen Frost. This is a verse novel about a class of fifth grade students and all of the things going on in their lives. It tells of one boy’s struggle with reading; and one girl’s thoughts as her mom fights cancer. While one student loses a cat, another loses something a little bit more. This was an exceptional book that was well written. The poems contained a wide range of topics and styles but all of the writing still felt young. I loved this book because of how real it felt. It seemed like it was a nonfiction book. I found this book to be very touching and it actually made me cry! It has seriously been forever since I have cried over a book so thanks a lot Helen Frost. But actually I loved this book so much and would most definitely recommend it for anyone and everyone. Thank you so much for reading and be sure to read my other book response posts in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."