Wednesday, March 2, 2016

SOLC 2: In Which Things Are Broken

I have a rose pearl necklace. Although I'm not sure if I can actually call it that. It's broken. It used to belong to my grandmother. It's funny how some things never really seem to break, but others can't  stay in one piece. No matter what you do to try to protect them and keep them safe, they just fall off of a counter or get dropped. How unfortunate. I keep all sorts of things on my dresser and some just don't last long. Some times it doesn't matter where you put something. It can't be saved. That necklace is still in my house somewhere, waiting. Each little pearl sitting quietly, knowing that someday it's time will come. My grandmother gave the necklace to me when I was six and that makes it kind of a big deal. She trusted me enough to give me that necklace so I can't help but remember it. It matters to me. I don't care if those pearls are never restrung. Knowing that it is still with me reminds me that I am trusted. I am so proud to have been given such a precious object. It doesn't matter if it's broken because it's mine.
The adventurer, having very recently set out for her journey has yet to hit any bumps along the road. But then again, she has only taken a couple of steps.

1 comment:

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."