Tuesday, March 8, 2016

SOLC 8: In Which I Share My Love Of The Cold

A bright light hits my eyes as I open the door. It takes a minute for them to adjust and get a view of my surroundings. A thick layer of white snow covers everything in sight, from the rooftops down to the sidewalk. Tiny flurries float down onto the ground around me. They land lightly on the neat rows of my sweater, sticking there for a moment or two. They catch over the tips of my eyelashes and blur small spots of my vision. My nose and the tips of my ears sting with the cold. Maybe I should have brought a jacket. The sky is light grey, the sun peering through thin clouds. I yawn. The day is peaceful. Perfectly, beautifully cold.

1 comment:

  1. I'm almost the exact opposite. I love the snow, but hate the cold it brings. I love the detail you use to describe what you are seeing.

    ReplyDelete

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."