Wednesday, March 9, 2016

SOLC 9: In Which I Share My Current Thoughts

Thinking about the future can be incredibly unpleasant. It isn't always nice to consider the fact that in a year from now everything in your life could be completely different than it is today. Maybe even in a month from now, or a week, or a day. Any choice that I make has the potential to turn my world upside down. Then there's the factor of things that we can't control. It's hard enough to have to try to figure out how to deal with the problems you made on your own. I hate that the world is so wildly unpredictable. There are so many things that you just don't see coming. So when I have to make an important decision, I always feel this unbearable stress. How will the choices that I make impact my future? Am I making the right decision?

It just bothers me that a choice that I'm making right now could change the course of my life entirely. So I can't help but always look for the perfect choice. But the truth is, rarely in life is there actually a "perfect choice." Things won't always work out as you planned. Not every shoe is a perfect fit, but that doesn't mean they don't fit at all. Sometimes I trap myself in this search for perfection and end up not even seeing that the not-so-perfect-choices aren't that bad. They might be great. They might be exactly what I need. After all, perfect isn't commonly found in the wild and is rarely found anywhere in the world. I don't need to find perfection right now. I just need good.

1 comment:

  1. It 's a very interesting slice that has a good rhythm. It captures a large picture and puts it into perspective.

    ReplyDelete

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."