Sunday, March 6, 2016

SOLC 6: In Which I Play A Game

The air around me is completely still. The only thing that moves is the referee's arm as he signals to the girl behind the line. In one swift motion she propels the ball across the court and over the net. From this point forward, chaos ensues. Yelling and footsteps keep everything going, pushing the points of the game onward. As soon as the ball hits the ground, each tiny moment is ended. A simple and quick motion can cause a change in pace. The only thing that goes through my mind after every point is that I want it to keep going. I don't want to have to stop playing. I don't want to stop moving. Having to stop so suddenly feels like trying to keep my balance at the top of a mountain on a windy day. I don't want to stop doing any of it. I want to keep going.
Our hero must say: she had a surprisingly good day today.

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling. Great way to describe volleyball!

    ReplyDelete

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."