Wednesday, March 11, 2015

SOLC11: A Northern Light

Donnelly, Jennifer. A Northern Light. San Diego: Harcourt, 2003. Print.
This week I read A Northern Light. I thoroughly enjoyed this book but was not able to finish it this week. This book is about a word loving sixteen year old girl living in the North Woods. She dreams of going to school in New York but has to stay in her hometown to help take care of her family after her mother dies. So Mattie gets a summer job at the Gilmore hotel. The summer is basically normal until a Grace brown gives her a stack of letters and tells her to burn them. Soon after, Grace's body is retrieved from the lake and Mattie finds that it wasn't just a coincidence. I have enjoyed reading this book and am excited to finish sometime soon. The characters were nice and I even learned some new vocabulary words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."