Sunday, March 15, 2015

SOLC15: Mini Memories

For today's slice I am writing what I call mini memories. These are seven memories that consist of only a few sentences and are inspired by a word. I used a random word generator to get these seven words and then wrote a bit about something that comes to mind when I read the word.

Lighthouse
As the fire slowly dies into embers on the sand, the gentle breeze tosses the tiny dune-grasses back and forth, and back and forth. The waves pitter patter along the rocky shore, carefully burying my feet so that every spot is covered. I open my eyes and glance across the tide-pools; seeing a tall silhouette rising above the shore.

Christmas
The huge truck stops in front of our houses, singing songs of joy and holiday cheer. The back is filled with bales of hay and people who we gladly join. My tiny hands are cold, but I don't mind because in my fingers is an even tinier candy cane.

Letter
Okay, so I am supposed to write myself a letter. What do I write? I'll just say that I am having a great year and I hope things are great for me as well and that sort of thing. Okay... Done. Should I put something in it? I guess so but what do I put. How about this piece of grass. There, all done. That was uneventful.

Laundry
The laundry machine is confusing. First you have to put stuff in it. Then you have to fill up the detergent slot. Next you turn this little dial to say what kind of clothes they are. Then you have to hit this button. WHY IS THIS SO CONFUSING?!

Cow
Oh my goodness. It's a little baby cow. It is so adorable. What do we do next? Wait... What? Why are we putting the little baby cow on the leash? In what world does that make sense? Well now we have a cow on a leash. Never thought I would see that happen.

Champagne
HAPPY NEW YEAR! We shoot confetti into the air and cheer as loud as we can. We watch New York do the same and here the sounds of glasses clinking below.

Palace
Completed. My own tiny castle with its own tiny garden. Out of stuff I found here at the base of a tree. Some might see it as a random scattering of twigs and rocks; but in my young mind it is nothing less than a palace.

4 comments:

  1. I liked your idea for a bunch of memories. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you gave us a little "sample" of each memory! Great Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you gave us a little "sample" of each memory! Great Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like a word scrapbook, Brynn. I enjoyed reading each one.

    ReplyDelete

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."