Wednesday, March 25, 2015

SOLC25: Finished Books

This past week and this coming week I am finishing a few of the books that I have not yet finished. The books that I have finished this past week are The Te of Piglet and Egg & Spoon. The following is a brief summary and an explanation of my final thoughts about these two books.

The Te of Piglet is a sequel to The Tao of Pooh. It teaches some elements of Taoism using characters and stories from Winnie-the-Pooh. This book had a creative premise and was also educational. I loved the way that the author took the original characters from the stories and developed them into something more. The book was enjoyable to read because it was entertaining and humorous as well as an interesting non-fiction book.

Egg & Spoon is another book that I have recently finished. It tells the story of two Russian girls leading very different lives who are brought together after the disappearance of the firebird. This book was written by the author of Wicked and had a very unique style to it. It was creatively narrated and was told in both third and first person. Although the story was technically a children’s book it was still incredibly enjoyable for me.

2 comments:

  1. They all sound like great books. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read The Tao of Pooh! It sounds interesting. Nice reviews, very well written.

    ReplyDelete

"How do you know I'm mad?" Said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."